Course Author Terms
Capitalized terms used in this agreement will have the meaning provided in section 1
- “Terms” refers to online course hosting and services terms.
- “Author” refers to the author of a particular course which is hosted or to be hosted on www.kraftshala.com.
- “Company” refers to Expertizo Education Private Limited and its designated employees.
- “Content” refers to any information, data, and works of authorship or other materials delivered in text, photographic, audio, visual, or audio-visual format including lectures, tests, exercises, other course material and syllabi.
- “Course” refers to the presentation of instructional content pertaining to a certain body of knowledge.
- “Course criteria” refers to a set of guidelines for a well-crafted course, meeting high academic standards, using multimedia content for a coherent and professional presentation.
- “Platform” refers to the company’s proprietary software platform and algorithms used to host, transmit and make content available via the internet which also includes peer-to-peer interactive activities and evaluation of course.
- “Website” refers to www.kraftshala.com which is owned or controlled by Expertizo Education Private Limited and allows the uploading of content by the course author.
2. COURSE PRICING
The Course will be priced at a mutually agreeable level by the Company and Author. Various factors like market potential, efforts in course creation, etc., will be considered to arrive at a final number. The revenue model to be employed between the Author and the Company is as per section 3. The course pricing is subject to change based on the marketing campaigns of KRAFTSHALA. This change will be notified to the author before implementation and the author can opt out of the marketing campaign if he wishes to.
3. REVENUE MODELS FOR ONLINE PROCESS
3.1 REVENUE MODELS
Company shall offer two revenue models to provide content through the platform. A service tax of 14% will be included in the price of the course. The revenue to the author will be paid post deduction of service tax.
Under this model, the Author may submit the Course to the Company and the Company will host the Course and make it available through the platform, provided the Course satisfies the Course criteria. If the end user subscribes to the Course directly through the Website, the Author earns 50% of the course fee and the Company earns 50% of the course fee (after service tax deductions). The percentage of revenue division between the Author and the Company is subject to change as per 3.2.
Under this model, the Author may submit the Course to the Company and the Company will host the Course and make it available through the platform, provided the Course satisfies the Course criteria. The Author can increase his/her portion of the fee by creating a Teacher Coupon Code. For those Users that input the Author’s coupon code at the time they enroll in the Author’s Course, the Author will receive 85% of the course fee (after service tax deductions). The percentage of revenue division between the Author and the Company is subject to change as per 3.2.
3.2 COURSE CREATION SERVICE
The Company offers complete assistance in professional multimedia production, instructional design inputs and post production for a Course. An Author can opt for this service, under the event of which the Revenue Models 3.1.a and 3.1.b will be amended as follows:
- Under the Company Marketing model, if the end user subscribes to the Course directly through the Website, the Author earns 30% of the course fee and the Company earns 70% of the course fee for a period of 1 year from the date of listing the Course on Website, after which the regular Company Marketing model will be followed.
- Under the Author Marketing model, if the end user subscribes to the Course through the Author referral link, the Author earns additional 35% of the course fee for a period of 1 year from the date of listing the Course on Website, after which the regular Author Marketing model will be followed.
4. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
The Intellectual Property rights of the Course belong to the Author subject to the following conditions:
- The Author may not reproduce, distribute, publish or commercially exploit the content in the Course in any form, unless the reproduced Course or content is sold at a price higher than at KRAFTSHALA. The content (modified/unmodified) from the Course cannot be directly reused for a lower price.
- If the author has received Course Creation Service as per section 3.2, the Author may not reproduce, distribute, publish or commercially exploit the content in the Course in any form, whatsoever. Under the event that the Author wishes to develop content on similar lines, the same should be recreated from the beginning. The content (modified/unmodified) from the Course cannot be directly reused.
5. PRODUCT CONTENT SECURITY
The Company will seek to protect the intellectual property of the course creators and our own platform. The Company will constantly monitor for content leakage and piracy and where relevant pursue legal means to stop leakage of content. All legal avenues will be used to pursue take-downs of content posted on copyright infringing websites.
6. COPYRIGHT POLICY
The Company respects the intellectual property of others and strives to protect the copyrights and all other intellectual property and expects our Authors to do the same. Authors can refer to external material for research purposes alone, while the content as well as the medium of delivery has to be the original work of the author.
The Company’s copyright policy is to remove material that the Company believes in good faith, upon notice from an intellectual property owner or their agent, is infringing the intellectual property of a third party by being made available through the Site. The Company makes a provision for learning platform alone and is not liable for any legal issues caused due to copyright infringement by the Author.
7. REMOVAL OF COURSE
- A Course can be removed from the Website based on the request of an Author only after 1 calendar year from the date of listing of the Course on the Platform.
- Removal of Course from the Platform will be processed by the Company within 100 days from the date of the formal request by the Author.
- The Company’s decision regarding removal of the Course is final.
- The Company reserves the right to remove a Course if the aggregate user ratings fall below a certain level or if complaints are received regarding Course quality and/or delivery.
- The Course will continue to be available to the learners who have already paid a fee and subscribed to the course.
8. PAYMENT TO THE AUTHOR
- The Author’s payment information should be shared with the Company for the Course to be listed on the Platform.
- The Author will be given a payment report on the 1st week of every month post the listing of his Course on the platform. The payment report will contain the number of subscribers to his Course, the gross revenue earned and outstanding payment to be received.
- A payment threshold will be employed by the Company for ease of transaction. The payment threshold is the minimum earnings the Author has to accrue to be eligible for a payout. The payment threshold for KRAFTSHALA is INR 1000. Also, the Company disburses the payment in a monthly payment cycle, where the payment will be released within the first week of every month. When the outstanding payment reaches the payment threshold, the author is entitled to request a payout. On receipt of the payment request, the Company will disburse the payment in the immediate next payment cycle.